Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And so they move...

Lately I have been having a bout of intense dreams. As much as I love change, I realized that I only like it when I am the one changing. Over the past couple of months I have been bracing myself for the departure of a few of my close friends. This change...in essence, is an amazing opportunity for the ones I love but to me, however strong I pretend to be, it seem like rejection, loss and abandonment. I had no idea that my heart would hurt so badly to see them go, especially since I am used to my friends being more miles away than my threshold for driving will take me. The dreams came so innocently at first only to burst into intensity as the nights went on. Alone, calling without answer, packing my belongings only to be to late and left behind. Today, I see...I am moving on too, that their change has provoked change in me. In my uncomfortable state I become more dependent on the Lord. New relationships and opportunities are uncovered to a mind once stunted of its growth by comfort. And so they move...and the Lord moves within me.

1 comment:

a.mann said...

you have my heart. if you need me, i will never be TOO far away.