Monday, June 30, 2008

sen.si.tive |ˈsensitiv|

Sensitive; to be easily offended or upset. This is my newest critique from my ever so cool and euro boss, the same guy who also tells me that people in the office don't like me, that I have bad meeting faces, and my all time favorite...I have no sense of humor. The sensitive comment is by far the most accurate but I wonder just how accurate considering his other accusations. I in fact should have realized that he may have something with this last one when I had to call my most honest friend to ask her if she thought I was. If I had to call...I think it's a safe bet that this may be something I need to work on. The thing is I like that I am sensitive, this sensitivity gets even stronger when I see others hurting. My sensitivity prompts action, comforting, volunteering, apologies. I want to stay sensitive in the good way and not be in the bad way. I can use so serious prayer with this one if you have any spare time.

Lord, thank you for creating me with the good type of sensitivity and for the desire and ability to recognize pain or sadness in others but please help me to be less sensitive to others judgement of me, help me to seek how YOU see me. Develop in me a strong, serving, and forgiving heart.

No comments: