Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I will never win an Emmy...




For years, perhaps my entire existence, I have been struggling with my lack of a tangible talent. It seems that everyone around me is drowning in it… writers, directors, actors, designers, photographers, and musicians. To be honest, I am very jealous, I wish it was me and that I had something to offer, volunteer, and serve with. Last night at Charlotte One Dave Edwards spoke about the “Giant” that keeps us from living in Gods will for our lives, that giant being comparison. It was then that I realized that I have been living my life comparing, who and what I am, to those around me all the while feeling like I would never measure up or that because I don’t have a tangible talent I couldn’t and wasn’t being used by the Lord. Basically, I have not trusted the Lords ability to work through me. I am, in essence, who the Lord wants me to be and I have talents that fit into what the Lord has created me for. I have my own special destiny and I am equipped accordingly and there is no need to let the “Giant” keep me from who I am uniquely created to be. There is a immense peace and joy that flows from this place.

3 comments:

Kara said...

great great word Erin Marie Witte

kelstar said...

pretty much amazing...
plus you gots skills girl...
heart you.

kelstar said...

ummm...when are you posting, oh learner of great things?