Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Promax-rockin' my face off!


This week I am attending Promaxbda, one of the largest television marketing and creative conference in the world. The line up of speakers includes some of the most influential leaders in the industry like Michael Benson (ABC MKT EVP), Joe Early (Fox) Rick Haskins (CW), John Miller (NBC), George Schweitzer (CBS), Ken Robinson, James Lipton, and the great Lee Hunt. Although you may not recognize any of these names these are the people that have been influencing and entertaining you for years. Genius I tell you! One of the many things I have learned this week is that surrounding yourself by creative and motivated individuals breads creativity and motivation. It is absolutely invaluable to attend conferences, read articles, and be mentored by those that have more experience than you. The past few days have fired me up and made me want to be, do, risk more in my job and in my life. I always thought that there were creative people and then people like me who know creative people...but now i realize that we are all born with the ability to be creative and innovative we just can't let the world suck it out of us. Promax, so far, rocks my face off.

More about the conference to come...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had an amazing NY pizza lunch with Cory, Carrie, and Josh, saw Rick Flare (who acted a bit drunk), AND watched a Jordan Sparks impromptu concert in times square. Overall, not a bad day.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love James Lipton. I actually like his same set of questions at the end of the interview on Inside the Actors Studio.
If you were not an actor, what profession would you like to do?
What would you not like to do?
What is your favorite curse word?
When you arrive at the pearly gates, what do you want God to say to you?
Brilliant.